Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why do I want to be a teacher?

For as long as I can remember, I have always enjoyed working with children. As a little girl one of my favorite games to play was "school" or "teacher" as I liked to call it. No longer being that little girl, I do realize that becoming a teacher is much different and not just a game. Now it has a deeper meaning, I will have the opportunity to hopefully influence and change the lives of those students who come into my classroom with many different dreams and a lot of energy. I hope that one day I will have the opportunity to teach overseas at an international school. At the moment I am interested in grades 3rd through 5th.

3 comments:

Prof. Sorenson said...

I am always excited when a dream becomes a reality. No doubt God planted a desire in your heart as a little girl and now He has given you opportunity to prepare to be a teacher. The greatest thing is that along with the desire He has also given you the gifts and abilities to teach. If you haven't read it be sure to read Three Cups of Tea -- an great story about schools in Napal.

Katie M said...

You have an experience that most could only dream of. I think that you are a stronger person because of it. You will be a great teacher.

Liv09 said...

Rachel I am so glad that I see your heart for education. We've never really had a chance to tlak about it before. I, of course, think that it's amazing that you want to teach overseas. And I'm very glad that your dream is becoming a reality. That makes me very happy for you.