Monday, April 28, 2008
Classroom Reflection # 8
While my 5th graders were away at camp, I had the opportunity to observe a 3rd grade classroom. The first aspect I noticed about this class was that they were they quietest class I had ever seen! The students seemed to only speak in a tone of whispers. At first I felt bad for these students. I just wanted to these kids to be allowed to be kids. However, I judged too soon. After the students were dismissed for the day, I was able to talk with the teacher for awhile. She mentioned that she had ADD growing up, and now has several students with ADD or ADHD in her class. From her own experience she understands the importance of a quiet learning environment for her students. I am so glad I had the opportunity to observe and talk with this teacher, and get her view point on helping students with ADD/ADHD in the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment